Hedge Finance… an update
What a whirlwind of 24 hours that has transpired. If you know, you know, and we thank you for sticking around and with us through all of it.
As you know, we have been internally testing our AI, Analytics Dashboard, and Sniper bot, and things have been testing really well. But yesterday, 2/2/2022 turned out to be an interesting day, to say the least.
It started with a team call in which we identified some interesting things that the Dashboard allowed us to see that we normally wouldn’t have noticed. In short, Fucking Whales… With a ton of Hedge.
Now don’t get me wrong, whales are great for projects. We need them, they provide liquidity, volume, and stability among other things. So this isn’t a whale-bashing article, but this time they owned a massive percentage… a percentage too large to honestly be comfortable with.
As we were figuring out the next steps on what to do and how to mitigate the project from being liquidated in a mass event, it sort of happened. We are not sure how many people it was, or if it was a single person, but that liquidation event semi took place.
In a matter of minutes, 60% of the market capitalization was gone, about 15% of the liquidity was gone, and there was no end in sight. We sat there watching the chart knowing there was quite literally nothing we could do to stop it.
But, we had a full day of meetings, and we had already come up with a plan. The plan is long, it’s semi-complicated, but it does quite a few things. First and foremost, it eliminates whales from having too much weight on price action. The tokenomics of how we’re making changes at hedge will be beneficial for the entire community, including the whales.
So what are we up to? This is going to take a while, so I am going to give you a VERY brief rundown and in the coming days, I am going to break each individual thing down to you and explain it as I would to a 5-year-old.
Here’s what you can expect over the next articles:
- Tokenomics — The new breakdown of tokens, new taxation method, and fee structure
- Bonding — What it is, why we’re doing it, and the benefits of doing it
- Liquidity Pools — What a liquidity pool is, why it’s so important, and the new reward structure
- Suicide Compounding — How to manage your rewards to generate more rewards
- Staking — No more blind staking. You’ll only be able to stake Liquidity pool tokens
- Dashboard/AI/Sniper Bot Updates — Where we’re at and the real utility of Hedge
- The New name, chart, website, and contracts — yea we’re going big on this
These articles are going to start dropping as soon as they are written. No set time frame but they will all be out within 7 days.
Big things are coming for the entire Hedge Community